Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pictures speak volumes

I love photos. Like, LOOOOOVE photos. In high school, I was the girl with her camera capturing every moment and creating silly photo albums so I'd remember everything about what I did with my friends in our extra curricular activities and free time.

And when I'm with a group of people, like a family gathering or a wedding, most of my photos have a purpose to them. I like for them to tell a story. I don't know anything fancy about lighting or pixels or other things. I just like to catch people in candid moments or frame the photo just right.

And I love to look at pictures. I like to get lost in them and I like how they evoke emotions. My grandpa took photos as a hobby and I adore his pictures. He actually knew what he was doing, so they're very pretty. My favorite picture of his is of a squirrel sitting on a table eating from a cob of corn. Every time I look at it, I can create a new story. That squirrel thinks he's people.

Today I learned about 365Project.org. It's a project aiming to document one year of your life through photos. A photo a day. I love this idea. There are so many ways to go about doing this. For instance, mothers could choose to take photos of their children and see exactly how much they've grown, physically and intellectually, in the year.
Fashionistas might want to challenge themselves to go a whole year without wearing the exact same outfit by changing up how they layer their clothes and accessorize. They can take pictures of how creative they get.
Walkers could document interesting things they see each day on their routes.
The ideas are endless and ridiculously interesting to me. Just as I love reading blogs to see what different lives are like, from happily married couples with kids to young college kids just starting their freshman year, I'm excited to do this project AND see how my friend's project develops.

I've decided that my photos will be a summary or highlight of my day. But I started with a photo that I thought told a little bit about myself.
http://365project.org/mmade/365

I won't tell what I plan to take a picture of tomorrow because I also plan to talk about it on here!

No comments: