Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Creative Juices

I can't remember if I already mentioned this, though I suspect I have. My pal introduced me to 365project.org, a site where you upload one photo a day for a year to document your life. It's fun to do and it's a lot of fun to peruse other people's photos.

I am having a great time letting my creative juices flow on this project. There have been days when I've just quickly snapped a photo, uploaded it and slapped it on the website to give insight into what I did that day. But then there are days when I'm feeling a little artsy and put some creative effort into my photograph. I don't have a fancy camera and I don't have fancy editing equipment, like other users. It'd be fun if I could play with PhotoShop or something. But I do use picnik.com to play with the colors and fading and things. It is interesting what a big difference a tiny change can make in a picture.

I absolutely love the feeling that comes from doing something creative. It reminds me of the college days when I had to create films and write articles for journalism classes. It was nice to have projects to do and present to other people who could think critically about them.

So... that's what makes me tick. Being creative. This project doesn't serve a purpose other than being fun for me and providing something that I can look back on when a year passes, but it sure is exciting!

I hope you'll take a look and comment!


http://365project.org/mmade/365

No comments: