Monday, November 3, 2008

Superstar

I've got the cutest jacket this fall. Basically, it makes me feel like a superstar every time I put it on. And for bonus points, I bought it on clearance at Target.

I don't have a perfect picture of it... This is probably the best I can do, and you can hardly see what makes it so extraordinary, but my face does show how good it makes me feel:

It is the first jacket that I have bought in years and we were meant to be. When I put it on, I just strut around like I know I'm sort of a big deal. Sort of how my puppy prances around when he realizes we're about to go for a big walk. Compliments from acquaintances and strangers flutter to me like pretty little butterflies fluttering to a bright little flower. When it comes to style, I don't really know what to do, but I do know how to rock this jacket.

The only problem is that this jacket does me no good when it gets below 50 degrees. I do have a nice winter coat. It's cute and all, but... I don't feel like a super star in it. I don't strut like an excited puppy. Compliments don't come flying, because, though it's very nice, it's a common style.

There's only one solution to this. The temperature this fall and winter simply can't get colder than the 50s. I love this jacket too much.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

All the more reason to head down here with us for a while! When it reaches the 50's, we're convinced that winter has arrived!

It IS a super cute jacket, by the way :)

Meghan said...

That offer surrre is tempting! Just missing you all is almost enough to get me down there!