Sunday, October 12, 2008

Do you remember me??

So, as you know, it's taken the little extra oomph to make me really laugh lately. I think God knew that and planned a little something for me this morning to make my day start with a good laugh.

My usual morning routine is to slap on decent clothes (because I don't think my green sleep shirt with white dancing bears that says "Shake It Up" and black shorts really says, "I'm Not Nuts"), run my fingers through my Bed Head, and stretch my eyes open so I can look like I've been awake for a few hours. This look passes off better if I don't have pillow lines all over my face. Once this look is accomplished, I take Logan around the neighborhood for his Morning Pooty. Squats and Leg Lifts, if you will.

This is usually a pretty bland deal. I might see a car drive by. I usually focus on how the weather feels so I can decide what I'm really going to wear for the day, and I take a few deep breaths of the fresh air to wake up. I smile at how Logan walks and how his ears jump with each step. That's usually the extent of the excitement, then we go inside and I seriously do get ready for the day.

But today when Logan made our first Leg Lift at the entrance sign for my parking lot, I sort of noticed a van pass by. It turned into a parking lot about a block away, the passenger stuck his head out his rolled down window and yelled, "HEY!" So I looked at him, still in my sleepy state, but pretending like I knew what was goin' on. He shouted, "Do you remember me??" In my semi-conscious state, I was in no place to speak back, let alone yell, so I shook my head. And he yelled, "I am the guy who just hollahed atcha.... HEY. DO YOU REMEMBER ME!! Bahahahaahahaa!! That's a good one! You're going to remember that one!!!" Then he hopped out of his van and walked into his apartment.

I wanted to tell the guy that that was pretty good, but I wanted more to curl up in bed and dream, so I just smiled, waved and gave him the thumbs up. By the time Logan and I were on our fifth Leg Lift, though, I was awake enough to realize just how funny that was and couldn't stop laughing.

A girl standing alone with her dog, laughing like the dog just told her the funniest thing. Now that's a sight I'm sure the neighbors are scratching their heads over.

No comments: