Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We-ent to the chapel...

So the two year wedding anniversary is coming up in a week. Since we just started new jobs, we don't have any vacation time to take a "real" vacation somewhere to celebrate the way that we'd like. We'll be pretending that we're somewhere far away from Friday night until Sunday evening.

Every year, and by every year, I mean last year and now this year, the wedding anniversary makes me miss the actual wedding day. I miss knowing that all of our dearest loved ones are taking a day off just to party with us for a night. We were so blessed for that! I miss getting dressed up like a princess, complete with paying someone to do my hair for the first time in my life and a drag queen doing my make-up, just for one night. I really miss having a paparazzo follow us all around, and dancing nonstop to great music for about six hours. Most girls spend their days dreaming about the dresses and flowers when they think of their wedding day. I always dreamt of the party, and enjoyed mine so much that I've missed it ever since. I wish I could have a huge party with my loved ones and the same DJ and the same photographer and fancy dresses and a drag queen to do my make up every year.

This year, we're doing our "vacation" the weekend before our anniversary, and right now, it looks like it might resemble our honeymoon. Kevin and I were both sick on our honeymoon and Kevin is sick right now. Our original plan was to rent a cabin and a pontoon and spend the weekend enjoying nature. Now I'm thinking we might rent a busload of movies and camp out in our living room while he coughs up his lungs, one at a time.

I guess instead of escaping to nature to pretend we're somewhere far away, I could rent movies like Chicago, Notting Hill, and Leaving Las Vegas so we can feel like we've spent our weekend traveling...

No comments: